Sunday, March 26, 2017

Groupies


sold.

It might not look like it, but this scene was incredibly complex and hard to paint. That probably sounds funny, being that it's on a 6 by 8 inch panel. But so many of the color mixes had just slight variations in color and value. And there were so many of them! Not just the cups, but the reflections too. It took hours. And at the end I thought, "This is a mess!" So I put it up to dry and came back the next day. Sometimes you can't see how it all comes together until after you've recovered from the trauma. ; )

2 comments:

Mary Lor Art said...

I laughed out loud when I read your post, Carol. No one who has ever painted would think that this still life is simple! You did an amazing job, and I love seeing your work! Thank you for sharing your frustrations too - it helps to know that even great artists struggle! :)

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I did too!

it's a great painting.