Saturday, November 25, 2017

Parked in France


Click Here to Bid (8x8in. - starts at $150)

This was another of my favorite photos from my time in France this year. I discovered this little scene just down the hill from the chateau we were living in, on a walk-around with some of my students.

The past few months I've been doing a lot of non-painting stuff. I've painted here and there, but yesterday I realized that I'm not going to grow as an artist unless I'm painting more often. Wait, I seem to remember a book mentioning this ... a book about ... daily painting? Maybe I should crack that again. Anyway.

So in re-devoting myself to art, I learned (again) that when you're rusty, it's good to gift yourself some "learning time." This could mean warm-ups, or it could simply mean a few "uglies." I've come to expect them, the uglies. I mean, they happen on a regular basis, but they happen often when we've been away a while. So expect it. And if it doesn't happen, yay! But if it does, you won't be disappointed, right? You'll just think, ok, here they are, it can only get better from here.

1 comment:

Jacqueline Davis said...

I love this Carol. That building in the distance glows. You have such a great way with light.